- Dressing for War: Military Uniforms in Late 19th Century Philippines (1870-1899)
- We Are Hiring: Vacant Positions as of 26 May 2023
- Look: Administrator meets with DHSUD Secretary
- Intramuros Visitors and Rotary Center Opens
- We Are Hiring: Vacant Positions as of 15 May 2023
Calendar of activities
About the Intramuros Administration
Mandate. The Intramuros Administration (IA) is a National Government Agency attached to the Department of Tourism. Under Presidential Decree No. 1616, the IA is responsible for the orderly restoration and development of Intramuros as a monument to the Hispanic period of Philippine history. As such, it shall ensure that the general appearance of Intramuros shall conform to Philippine-Spanish architecture of the sixteenth to the nineteenth century.
Vision. IA envisions Intramuros as a model urban site of national historical and cultural heritage, sustaining people and life systems within, and contributing to national cultural and socio-economic progress.
Mission. The mission of IA is to protect and conserve the historical and cultural value and significance of Intramuros while advancing and guiding urban development within, and contributing to the strengthening of the Filipino’s national identity and sense of belonging and pride.
For comments or questions contact us via [email protected]