The Almacenes Reales in Fort Santiago was constructed in 1591 to serve as a storage facility for the discharged cargo from the Pasig River. New warehouses were constructed along the wall near the riverbank after 1690 and underwent continuous renovations until they were finished in 1739.
The new warehouses were demolished and the area was turned to a riverfront called Muelle de Almacenes. Likewise, following the earthquake of 1863, the Almacenes Reales was converted into soldiers’ quarters.
Total floor area: 247.31 sqm.
For comments or questions contact us: [email protected]