Call for Papers: Intramuros Young Scholars Conference 2021
Updated as of 30 Aug 2021; 10:14
The Center for Intramuros Studies of the Intramuros Administration is calling for submissions of papers for the 3rd Annual Intramuros Young Scholars Conference (YSC). This conference is open to all emerging professionals 30 years old and below.
Intramuros: A Living City
Intramuros’ place in history is cemented by its heritage as one of the world’s first globalized cities in the Modern Era. However, beyond the pomp and grandeur is a city with ordinary people. While literature on the sublimity of Intramuros is countless, not much narrative about the everyday lives of its people exists. As such, the 3rd Annual Young Scholars Conference will be a celebration of both the grand and the mundane–a discussion on everyday life, way of living, communities, and peoples in Intramuros.
The Conference, which will run for two days, will serve as a venue where emerging professionals with interest on cultural heritage can share their studies on Intramuros and its heritage as a living city. It will feature a total of six research papers in the span of two days, and shall be entirely staged via online means. The conference shall be open to the public free of charge, and everyone invited to attend and participate.
- Must be an emerging professional–not be beyond 30 years old at the time of the conference;
- Willing to present their unpublished and original research paper publicly via online channels;
- Research papers by a group of authors are accepted, but only one will be allowed to present;
- Willing to authorize the Intramuros Administration to publish their research in the Conference Proceedings report.
2. Research Topics
- May come from any field of study, such as but not limited to history, socio-anthropology, architecture, etc.;
- Primary subject of thesis must be about Intramuros, the people and the communities’ everyday life, past and present;
- Must be able to satisfy the theme.
- Research paper must be within 15-20 pages, including abstract and bibliography;
- Paper must be single-spaced, in Times New Roman, font size 12;
- Must be in APA citation style.
Email the IA Center for Intramuros Studies (email@example.com) the following required documents not later than 01 November 2021:
- Research paper following the prescribed format.
- Scanned copy of any valid government-issued ID (with full birthday);
- Scanned copy of the Signed Declaration (a copy can be downloaded from here):
- Cover letter addressed to: John E. Arcilla, Coordinator, Center for Intramuros Studies, Intramuros Administration.
5. For authors of shortlisted papers
- Only six (6) papers will be selected. A formal acceptance letter and invitation letter will be sent to the finalists;
- If the research paper was done by a group, only one author will be asked to present during the Conference;
- Presenters will be invited to a test-run any day from 1-7 December;
- Presentation during the conference should be limited to 30 minutes only.
An honorarium from the Intramuros Administration will be given once the paper had been successfully presented.
7. Important Dates
- Deadline of applications: 01 November 2021
- Announcement of shortlisted papers/finalists: 05 November 2020
- Conference dates: 9-10 December 2021
For inquiries email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our YSCs in previous years!
1st Annual Intramuros Young Scholars Conference
2nd Annual Intramuros Young Scholars Conference